Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Transfer to accounts you know about"
I'm interested in different ways you can "know about" an account - I know you can use the QR code to set up a transaction. Are there other ways to initiate a transaction?

I'm assuming there's nothing special about the QR code, and we could embed the same thing as an actual link, correct?

Thanks!

-Jeff
Marvin the Martian
[Image: acme-logo.png]
Subcontractor for Wartime Salvage
Indeed. The QR code is just the URL for the page you're on. The only way to "know about" another account (or person) is to have visited that account (or person) page before.

However, there are more ways to access that link besides the QR code. The main way is by following transfer links in the log. So, if somebody pays you, you (and anyone who has gained access to your account) could follow that link to "know about" the other account. Additionally, hackers who know about a person can also try to view a list of that person's accounts. (Coming in tomorrow's release.) You could also just post a link on your website: "All orders payable to..."
Excellent. And besides the Corporate account you get for Merchant, you can't get any more accounts, right?
Marvin the Martian
[Image: acme-logo.png]
Subcontractor for Wartime Salvage
A merchant account has legitimate IG standing and is directly granted by a skill. Mechanically speaking, there other IG ways to obtain accounts that don't necessarily fit those two criteria.
Hackers can potentially gain access to other accounts that aren't their own, but they probably don't want to be too public about it.
Yes, that is definitely the thing I was being coy about alright. Tongue
Considering it's all available for them to play around with on beta.spitelarp.com, I didn't figure we needed to be coy about it.