Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature: Group Accounts
I know that Merchants can create business accounts, and game#1 I was given a "Cossak Account" for Genacorp to funnel payroll into so I could pay my soldiers... I'd love it if we could have Group Accounts. Great for when everyone in the unit wants to support buying gear, they can just 'donate' to the group account when they have extra, and remove money from the group account when they need it.

I'd envision it working this way... Person A creates the account, and is made admin. He can scan other accounts in this mode to 'add' user access to it. Anyone with access can Add/Remove credits from the account, as if they were the owner of said account.
William Myers aka Cossak Symon Jenkins
That is an ability of the Merchant skill.... at least as I understand it.
(09-21-2015, 03:16 PM)Ben Thayer Wrote: That is an ability of the Merchant skill.... at least as I understand it.

*points* I said it was already a merchant skill. I'm asking for it be opened up to groups.
I may not have been clear. What I meant to say is that the Merchant corporation is then what you use for the Group Account. I'm not trying to be dense, but why are you resistant to using the Merchant Corp and naming it "Red River" or something similar? I R Kurnfuzed?
(09-21-2015, 08:31 PM)Ben Thayer Wrote: I may not have been clear. What I meant to say is that the Merchant corporation is then what you use for the Group Account. I'm not trying to be dense, but why are you resistant to using the Merchant Corp and naming it "Red River" or something similar? I R Kurnfuzed?

Ahhh, because the Merchant Account requires someone to have the Merchant Skill, and only they can use it?
Actually, they can add people to have access. Asset last as far as I can tell in the beta.
Yeah, that's the whole point. "Gain access to your own personal corporation, with its associated credit account, shared with as many people as you like."
Having an account where an entire group can receive payment for a mission, or donate to and spend from a common pool, was indeed one of our core use cases when thinking about that merchant skill.

What's confused some people is that you have to "know" about a person in order to add them as an "employee" (shared user) of your merchant account. The same way you learn about an account (scanning an account QR code or following a link in a transaction log) works for learning about a person (scanning a person QR code or following a link in an access log).