Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exim body carrying
i heard at game that exims could run with a body, OR carry two at once. I just re read the rules on exims carrying bodies, and there is nothing about running so i apologize for doing that. I do think however, that as a speed exim it makes sense, and i would like to see that changed up a little. I am not as tough as a guardian, or as strong as a tier 3 juggernaut (yet) but i am supposed to be superhumanly fast. what does plot think? is it a huge deal that i ran? i think in the situations, no one would've died if i had walked, so no harm no foul i hope.
Page 23, carrying an incapacitated character, says you cannot run while carrying an unconscious character. I agree that it seems like exims seem like they should be able to, but that's how it stands currently.
Raissa has the right of it. Basically we wanted to avoid the problem we have in Alliance, where a dead body could have no idea where they actually "are" because somebody ran while "carrying" them somewhere, and did either party get shot by something in the mean time, or did they get dropped somewhere, or should they have gotten healed? We ditched the idea of speedy carrying because it was difficult to represent safely and smoothly in a LARP.
(09-23-2015, 06:01 PM)Jimmy Hastings Wrote: Raissa has the right of it.  Basically we wanted to avoid the problem we have in Alliance, where a dead body could have no idea where they actually "are" because somebody ran while "carrying" them somewhere, and did either party get shot by something in the mean time, or did they get dropped somewhere, or should they have gotten healed?  We ditched the idea of speedy carrying because it was difficult to represent safely and smoothly in a LARP.

Precisely this. While I won't bash another game, especially one I play and enjoy, I will say how monster strength and endow work were huge factors.

I am super strong, I can run with the body, why do I have to wait for Ron to get up and run with me?

The alternative I've seen is players getting pulled around and knocked down from trying to get someone up faster. This method was safest and most WYSIWYG.