Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cyborg claw appearance
I'm considering taking the cybernetic hand path, but I wasn't entirely sure what the claws should look like. 

Should they just be a futuristic looking blade?
That seems to be the indication of the rule book, a future-y looking blade between 2-3' that must appear to be attached to the arm in some way when in use, but can be stored in a regular type scabbard when not being used. After you asked this I did a check for futuristic looking latex swords and found very little. Are there any cyborgs out there who have taken this path who can shed light here? How did you tether the sword, where did you find it, etc?
Yeah, I'd definitely like to know how they attached it.
I've been trying to think of something that actually covers the hand that I don't feel like will just look kinda silly once you start moving your hand around.
So attaching it is as easy as a spring cord or wire that velcros on to the back of your glove or something. You can make it look fancier but that fits the basic requirements.
I'm planning on building one using some of the oldest tech available... have socket, have extension cord plug. Plug sword into back of hand. TADA!
(09-22-2015, 06:27 PM)Kirsten Olin Wrote: So attaching it is as easy as a spring cord or wire that velcros on to the back of your glove or something.  You can make it look fancier but that fits the basic requirements.

Oh, I thought it had to completely cover the hand. Does it not?
The hand will need to be completely covered. The weapon can be a separate attachment. So wear a cyberglove with a place to attach a cord.
Buy a pair of hulk hands, attach blade, profit.
(09-28-2015, 12:53 PM)Ron Leota Wrote: The hand will need to be completely covered. The weapon can be a separate attachment. So wear a cyberglove with a place to attach a cord.

Okay, yeah, I think I initially misread the costuming requirement. 
I was thinking the weapon had to cover the entire hand as well, which is what would have made it much harder.

Thanks!