Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character Manager Beta Questions
Just a general Q&A thread, in case things aren't bugs.

Is the only way to gain access to someone's account (as a no hacker) to send funds to them being given a QR code or link to it? Is there anything stopping me from sharing someone else's QR code once I've been to their account?

There is no option to delete a character yet, or will "Frozen" characters never be allowed to be deleted, until checked?

Will players be allowed to voluntarily grant access to accounts in the future?

I love the notes system for transactions, glad hackers can view this.

Also goliath is out of money and I don't see a transaction record for the transfer! I'm so confused.
1) The only way to access someone else's account, whether you're a hacker or not, is to have the link to the account. This link could come via QR code, or it could come any other way you can get a URL. The URLs are unique per account, not per use, so once you have a QR code or the link, you can share it as freely as you desire.

2) Characters that have never been committed ("Frozen") will ultimately be deletable; Once a character has been commited ("frozen", "snapshot"), the only way to delete the character will be to send an email to Logistics. Ultimately, for the game's records, once you have registered a character for a game, that character will likely be impossible to delete. Sorting for the character list (to put dead characters at the bottom, etc) is on our feature list for full release.

3) Personal Accounts cannot be shared in this way. Corporate accounts granted by Merchant 1 can already be shared in this way.

5) This one is either a bug or someone hacked your character and succeeded at their stealth check. Jimmy would be able to say with more certainty. probably.

Thanks for jumping right in and testing stuff!
1) [addendum] Another way you could get a link to somebody else's account is by following transactions in a log. Whenever money is transferred to or from an account, the log entry has a link.

4) Woo notes!

5) GNB has 41 credits from what I can see. It didn't start out with that many. Account transfers can never happen without a log, but in the future hackers will be able to modify logs. If it looks to you like that account has no money, can you post a screenshot?
Quote:5) GNB has 41 credits from what I can see.  It didn't start out with that many.  Account transfers can never happen without a log, but in the future hackers will be able to modify logs.  If it looks to you like that account has no money, can you post a screenshot?

Oh, I thought GNB started with 2000 credits, but now that I think about it, a corp account wouldn't start with cash, would it? It's just got whatever we put in it.