Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Item Tags-How to secure!
Hey all you fancy crafters!

I am looking at having several items that should have a item tag... and am curious on good ways to secure them without breaking immersion..

Any of you come up with good ways to do it?
Unfortunately the tag needs to be visible but you can usually use clear packing tape so it doesn't take away from the item too much. I've also seen people afix clear card sleeves to items so you can get the tag in and out if you need to.
(02-22-2016, 11:35 AM)Kirsten Olin Wrote: Unfortunately the tag needs to be visible but you can usually use clear packing tape so it doesn't take away from the item too much.  I've also seen people afix clear card sleeves to items so you can get the tag in and out if you need to.

Since tags need altered if an item is broken, lock sundered, etc.  I was looking at good ways to make them accessible while protected from wet, falling off, etc.  The tags last event were incredibly small and card sleeves just seemed overkill (I use sleeves for DR cards just fine) so I was curious if the awesome crafters here had come up with something smaller to better hold and protect the tags.. I am thinking of making something with a laminator to accomplish this .....if no one else had ideas.

Can I get maybe an update from ST/Plot/Hive on the dimensions planned for tags next time?
Tags are small. I am not sure the exact dimension but the same size as they've always been. I think 1"/2" or smaller. They will easily fit in a card sleeve. I recommend using a card sleeve, since tags can be stolen from items and tape can remove paint from guns. I usually attach a small card sleeve to my item and slip the tag in, using a small piece of tape to hold the sleeve closed. That way the tag is dry and accessible.
Also laminating the tag and just taping it on works too. You can "laminate" by simply covering the tag in tape. You can use sharpy to check off any sunders.
The tags we have seen are not going to be changed in the foreseeable future, as of game 2. There may be new additions, should our game designers roll out new items, or if plot wants some special woogie tags, but the tags issued at game 2 are now officially the standard tags for the game. Wink

**Logistics Magic**
Head of Logistics Department
Plot