Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all trade representatives
Hey all!  If you don't deal with the large-scale resource economy and don't want to, you can stop reading now.

Starting game 3, trade representatives will be able to manage large-scale resources for their CGs through the Spite web interface rather than needing to go to the UEF for every transaction.  We're really excited about the possibilities this opens up for enhancing the hacking game surface, freeing up staff time, and reducing miscommunications.  This new system also allows you to choose where your faction's resources get distributed.  If you don't have enough, this allows you to make the hard choices about which of your buildings is more important to maintain. It also allows you to make sure your needed resources don't get inadvertently (or maliciously) transferred away.

To be involved in this and get your character authorized access to your CG's resources, you have 2 options.

Option 1 - Advance Access

If you were at last game and your character was your CG's trade representative, you are eligible to get access before game and be able to see and trade resources right at game on.  If you want to do that, though, you have to first play around with the system on the beta site and tell me if you have any questions or come across any bugs.  This helps to ensure the smoothest experience once game is actually happening.  To get access on beta.spitelarp.com, make sure you have a created character who's registered for an event.  If that character is a hacker, you can start by trying to gain illicit access.  If you don't want to explore the hacky side of the game, respond to this thread with the character on beta.spitelarp.com you want to have access to their CG, and I will make it so.

Once you have done that, respond to this thread with the following message, modified to suit your situation:
Quote:Hi!  My character <Character> was a trade representative for <Contracting Group> at game 2, and I would like access for game 3.  I solemnly swear that I have used the CG interface on beta.spitelarp.com and understand how to use the system, including what it means to distribute and transfer a resource.

Option 2 - Access At Game

If you weren't trade representative last game, prefer in-person instruction, or are just more of a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants sort of person, this option is for you.  Some time after game starts, you can find your NPC faction head.  They will be able to grant and revoke authorized access to CG resource management.  They will also either explain how to use it (and what those resources represent, if you don't already know), or direct you to somebody at UEF who can (spoiler alert: it's probably me).

Cheers,
Jimmy Hastings
Chief Economist and Technomancer
Hi! My character Dolusa Dawn was a trade representative for Military at game 2, and I would like access for game 3. I solemnly swear that I have used the CG interface on beta.spitelarp.com and understand how to use the system, including what it means to distribute and transfer a resource.
My PC has hack skill and wants access
Cassie - Done. Note that we won't be filling in the actual numbers until day-of.
Wayne - If you want to try hacking into CGs (and potentially have to deal with getting caught), you are welcome to attempt that at game. If you would like legitimate, authorized access to your own CG, you will need to get it by one of the methods I listed above.
Hi....I'm doing trading. I dono know how it works, but I'm looking forward to learning yet another new system.
I played a character who was a trade rep last event. I would like Nathan Drayton in beta.spitelarp.com to have access to their CG for trade.
JP - Done. That character now has access to http://beta.spitelarp.com/ig/cg/WA
Thanks. Is it intentional that the system doesn't appear to track the authorizing agent?
Hi. I was a trade rep at game 2 for RAID, and I would like to continue for game 3. Please give access to Mr. J. Smile
And how are you feeling today?
JP:
The person who authorized the access grant? In-game, there's only one person who can do that.
The person who authorized the resource transfer? Yes. It operates exactly like credit transfers in that way. We're planning in the future to implement a hack to figure out who initiated a transfer (credit or resource), but that won't be in for Game 3, and we don't have plans to make that information available without hacking.
The person checking resource crates into our out of UEF will be logged, though, since that happens in-person.

Mr. J: That character now has access to http://beta.spitelarp.com/ig/cg/RA. A quick reminder that access to http://web.spitelarp.com/ig/cg/RA will require a post like in the OP.