Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Androids and Viruses
Simple question: Can andriods contract viruses (in particular the Frakes Virus) or otherwise become infected (or are they essentially immune to disease)? Thanks!
Player answer, not Plot:

Androids in Spite still contain a certain amount of human brain tissue, so I would assume that certain viruses would still affect them.
Also a player, but...

Androids were immune to gas, so they should be immune to the virus as well. They are set up to be reasonably human in structure for ease of battlefield surgeons to make necessary repairs. They're still machines.
Dont let anyone convince you they're anything more.
(03-14-2016, 01:20 PM)Mr. F Wrote: Also a player, but...

Androids were immune to gas, so they should be immune to the virus as well. They are set up to be reasonably human in structure for ease of battlefield surgeons to make necessary repairs. They're still machines.
Dont let anyone convince you they're anything more.

That would make sense.

But, perhaps it is you who needs convincing Mr. Bio-machine...
(03-14-2016, 01:20 PM)Mr. F Wrote: They're still machines. Dont let anyone convince you they're anything more.

Just to be clear, I suspect that's a whole can of in-game worms to be explored, not an out-of-game dictum. Wink

Immunity to gas could be "really good air filters", could be "doesn't require respiration", could be "respiration doesn't interact with key components".

If we're looking for an authoritative answer, I'd suggest waiting for the writers to chime in.

If we're looking for more of an answer in the "how might we explain this" vein, you could look at what biological components could carry over issues. We might also not want to discount a placebo effect - if they think they should respond/act a certain way, they very well may do so even if no natural cause exists. Third, potentially they've been programmed to act as though they have a given malady.
Hey everybody,

Plot guy / game runner here. Androids are partially organic machines, who's organic parts are essentially human. While they are far more resistant to gas, disease, sickness, etc. they are theoretically able to contract diseases, albeit much more difficult than humans. What diseases and how the symptoms would differ is something you will need to find out in game as there has been almost no public instances of diseased androids (key word = public).

I hope that answers your question.
Thanks Ron and everyone else!

As for your official answer Ron, it does and does not help. It is the sort of half answer/half you just gotta wait and find out sort of response I would expect from a Game runner.  Wink
I knew this brain transplant was a bad idea...
My Llama can kick your Ass.
Maude  "Granny" Miller-Lawrence