Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Spite Beta
Hi Gang,

Ron here, your friendly neighborhood game runner. We will have the new beta up on Saturday, with a handy change log but some of you have brought up concerns about the limited time to read it before the playtest. In response we are opening up our working document for you to take a peak at. The highlighted sections are what has been changed. Most of the changes are done, Matt and I are just hammering out the rest of the changes and have been distracted by those pesky lives we live outside of the comfortable place we call gaming. Since this is a working edition, please note, we aren't looking for notes on this. We will be accepting notes after the playtest is complete. So enjoy!

CLICK HERE FOR AWESOME!
Hey Ron

Now that automatic weapons fall under the "one second rule", the enemy bugs have become more powerful when advancing for melee as the equalizer for facing an enemy that outnumbered you was "moar bullets!" to put down range. Since I will not be at the next playtest (Feb 28th) due to a prior engagement, is there any chance you could specifically test the enemy just rushing into gun lines with wanton abandonment and absolutely no care for their exsistance? IE, a true overrun scenario. Have the bugs "ignore" as many melee PC's as possible and just rush straight for gun wielders and see how this new rule change affects it? I am concerned that by limiting automatic weapons to 1 second ranges of damage, melees, and by extension the "bugs", have received a massive power boost in their inherent play style, not to mention many the difficult conceptual agreements between damage dealer and damage receiver on how long "a second" is in the middle of combat.

Firearms - I am confused by the difference between rank 2 and rank 3?

Drain - Double then reduce from armor etc or reduce then double the damage?

Regaining energy - A specific question from my conversations with friends. Could you please clarify how often you can regain your energy, in what forms, and more specifically...can a player only regain their energy once per game or more if they seek a counselor?

Thanks Ron/Spite team!
Wooo Gadgeteer! Big Grin (Although, does it come with some sort of mouse ears? Wink )
"Unpadded handles may be no more than ⅓ of the weapon’s length." ... does that mean no polearm type weapons?

"Rank 2: Your dermal plating grants -1 to dromanae melee damage. Passive ability." ... does this also protect against non-dromanae melee damage?
William Myers aka Cossak Symon Jenkins
William, your first point was always a rule. I asked a question about it in its own rule question thread.
http://spitelarp.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=14
I don't believe spite ever intended to allow pole arms.

Your second point is answered by the rule you quoted. Its only from drominae melee damage. Not player or human damage. Player melee only deals 2 damage and isn't reduced by armor. (but is blocked by shields).
(02-19-2015, 01:31 PM)Mr. F Wrote: William, your first point was always a rule. I asked a question about it in its own rule question thread.
http://spitelarp.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=14
I don't believe spite ever intended to allow pole arms.

Your second point is answered by the rule you quoted. Its only from drominae melee damage. Not player or human damage. Player melee only deals 2 damage and isn't reduced by armor. (but is blocked by shields).

Thanks for the assist, Mr. F. Yep that's pretty much it.
(02-19-2015, 01:24 AM)Kyle Elliott Wrote: Firearms - I am confused by the difference between rank 2 and rank 3?
There's an important "and" in rank 3 and an "or" in rank 2.

(02-19-2015, 01:24 AM)Kyle Elliott Wrote: Drain - Double then reduce from armor etc or reduce then double the damage?
Armor then double; it's much easier that way.

(02-19-2015, 01:24 AM)Kyle Elliott Wrote: Regaining energy - A specific question from my conversations with friends.  Could you please clarify how often you can regain your energy, in what forms, and more specifically...can a player only regain their energy once per game or more if they seek a counselor?

You get one "refill" per game. It could be a full refill from a counselor or a half refill from a rec facility. You can potentially also get an assortment of other small En boosts from items or other active abilities.