Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merchant and char gen currency
Are you able to use a connection to another character with Merchant to more efficiently spent starting money?

I ask because 4-7 friends and I are looking to come as a squad, and we're wondering the best way to allocate our starting resources.
Hey! Im one of your Community Staff members.

From my understanding, credit transfers must be done after check-in during game with the current ruling!

What this means is that your members will be in charge of procuring their own tags for the first game (or finding another to help), and during game all remaining credits can be transferred to your merchant for the next game.

Thanks!
-Ian
Cool. I've done larps that handled it both ways. If we can credit transfer pre-game we just need to know because there's a prop or two that will or won't get made, depending.
Ian's right. As of next game, you will not be able to send or receive credits or hack before you have checked into game. Since you buy tags at checkin, you won't be able to receive your entire group's money to buy things.

That said, there's nothing stopping you (as a merchant) from buying more stuff than you need with your starting money and giving it to another person in your squad once they check in. This part hasn't made it into the rulebook yet, but the merchant discount starting next game will be 40% rather than 30%. Even with just 1 person's starting money, that's enough to buy 2/3 more stuff.
Thanks a lot! We're all looking forward to next game.
Just so we know, what kind of equipment and resources are readily available to purchase in-game?
Hey Blaise,

Unless you can find a player to purchase tags from (and the very very rare npc) there are no other methods of purchasing equipment IG past check-in.

Im sure that your CG will be happy to help as they can with your equipment needs.
(09-28-2016, 08:11 PM)Jimmy Hastings Wrote: This part hasn't made it into the rulebook yet, but the merchant discount starting next game will be 40% rather than 30%. Even with just 1 person's starting money, that's enough to buy 2/3 more stuff.

Hey, is this still taking place this upcoming game, or did this change not make it to 'live' yet?
So, if I understand correctly: Players have to give their money to the Merchant in game X in order for her to be able to buy for them in game Y. Otherwise, she can only buy as much as she has personal money for. Correct?
It's happening at this coming game. Yes game X for game Y, if you want to do it at check-in. We're accounting for this with some in game means.