Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gadget interactions
What skills are required to interact with a gadget, and what are the rules for doing so?

Like, so I can take one (remove tag), but can I unplug it (or does that require a Gadgeteer skill level as well)? Can I kick over an RC Truck? Can I swat a drone with my melee weapon?

Can I use two media devices so that one stores data remotely? What skill is needed to transfer files from one media to another?

Most quads and hexes use live-streaming video, but my understanding (prior to the inclusion of the skill) was that you didn't want live feed stuff. Is that still true?

For multi-piece gadgets, is each section of the gadget kit one tag, or are they distinct tags? For example: some quads can be controlled with a smartphone. The smartphone would be one gadget (media device) and the quad would itself be another. If you Sunder the phone, presumably I can't use the photos and video on it, but do I also no longer get to control the quad? What if you Sunder the quad itself - does that transfer to my phone as well?

What about for a normal RC car, which has the controller and the car itself - are both covered under the same tag, or are they two tags?

If I have two control devices and one thing (RC car, two controllers), is that one tag or three?
I have an additional gadget I would like to clarify as well. Radio Headsets. Are these simply open use and/or covered by the radio skill?
What skills are required to interact with a gadget, and what are the rules for doing so?
Currently, anyone may remove a tag from a gadget. You may not take an action against a gadget that would harm damage the prop.

Like, so I can take one (remove tag), but can I unplug it (or does that require a Gadgeteer skill level as well)? Can I kick over an RC Truck? Can I swat a drone with my melee weapon?
Unplug, sure, no skill. No kicking props. No swatting props.

Can I use two media devices so that one stores data remotely? What skill is needed to transfer files from one media to another?
The data can be physically transferred to another medium but I'd rather not go wireless, as that causes a whole other mess of problems and potential exploitation. So if you can plug your phone into a computer and both items are tagged, you can transfer the data. If both tags are taken "the data is gone". Use the honor system.

Most quads and hexes use live-streaming video, but my understanding (prior to the inclusion of the skill) was that you didn't want live feed stuff. Is that still true?
I'll have to discuss this with Matt.

For multi-piece gadgets, is each section of the gadget kit one tag, or are they distinct tags? For example: some quads can be controlled with a smartphone. The smartphone would be one gadget (media device) and the quad would itself be another. If you Sunder the phone, presumably I can't use the photos and video on it, but do I also no longer get to control the quad? What if you Sunder the quad itself - does that transfer to my phone as well?
Use your best judgement. If you are using your phone as a remote and it is sundered, don't continue to use it. If the quad is sundered it doesn't kill the phone and data on it. Basically, don't cheese it on this one and play honorably.

What about for a normal RC car, which has the controller and the car itself - are both covered under the same tag, or are they two tags?
The gadget, in this case, would be the RC car.

If I have two control devices and one thing (RC car, two controllers), is that one tag or three?
The gadget would be the RC car. The only time a controller would also be a gadget is if it did something else, for example doubled as a media device.

I have an additional gadget I would like to clarify as well. Radio Headsets. Are these simply open use and/or covered by the radio skill?
The headset would be a worn gadget, since the radio can function without it.